A Rich Past Equals A Progressive Future
The History of the Nebraska Chamber
The Nebraska Chamber dates back to Nov. 14, 1912, when business executives met at the former Rome Hotel in Omaha and founded the Nebraska Manufacturers Association. In 1937, the organization’s membership was broadened to other sectors as the Associated Industries of Nebraska (AIN).
In 1960, AIN helped organize the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce. The two groups subsequently merged to become the Nebraska Association of Commerce &
In 1988, at the organization’s 76th annual meeting, members ratified a name change to the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce & Industry, clarifying its role as a chamber of commerce while upholding its roots and strong ties to the manufacturing sector.
Today, the Nebraska Chamber is the only statewide, broad-based business and industry association focused on expanding economic opportunities for all Nebraskans. It is affiliated with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Manufacturers.
View the NE Chamber's Century 2012 magazine,
celebrating 100 years of service to Nebraska business.
Through the years, the State Chamber always has enjoyed a successful working relationship with Nebraska’s Washington delegation. Former members are shown here: 3rd District Congressman David Martin, U.S. Senator Carl Curtis, 2nd District Congressman Glenn Cunningham, 1st District Congressman Robert Denney, State Chamber
Chairman Lew Harris and U.S. Senator Roman Hruska.
Hal Lainson at his desk in 1942.